Monday, October 10, 2005

On Web design

Jim Horton points to Jakob Neilson’s excellent page on common problems with web design. It appears Brother Murphy’s anti-flash message has not gotten through:

I view it as a personal failure that Flash collected the bronze medal for annoyance. It's been three years since I launched a major effort to remedy Flash problems and published the guidelines for using Flash appropriately . When I spoke at the main Flash developer conference, almost everybody agreed that past excesses should be abandoned and that Flash's future was in providing useful user interfaces.


I may have gone overboard in simplicity of design in the Presto Vivace web site. But I like a clean look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bathurst website design

Anonymous said...

The biggest problem with using flash in website is that not all browsers are loaded with flash player.