Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Is the question of "Is PR dead" dead yet?

Once again someone is hyping the Is PR Dead? meme.

No. Are we done here?

Seriously, what business has time to sift through everything that is written about it and figure out which needs a response, and what that response should be? Who has time to do that along with taking care of your customers?

As often as I have recommended that businesses encourage their employees to participate in social media, there are certain tasks that only PR is suited to preform. That is why we get hired.

Sheesh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I half thought about writing a response to this, but I just can't motivate myself. I think I'd avoid any session that is "that" creative.....

I sometimes lose the will to live when I read these things...

Tom

Alice said...

Surely not as bad as that.