Monday, January 26, 2009

Bad news on FOSE

Mark Amtower
FOSE cornerstone exhibitors CDWG and Microsoft will not be exhibiting this year. The FOSE web site lists only 248 vendors signed up so far and many biggies are missing. Others AWOL include PC Mall and GTSI. Despite massive early web PR (starting last summer, and inlcuding the prerecorded phone call I had over the weekend), overall interest in FOSE seems to be way down. Even with the merger of the show with GovSec (they say it is two different shows in the same place at the same time, but it is really one big event), I look for attendance to be down.

Wow, I have to admit that I am amazed. The federal government is the only entity which is buying this year. I expected that at least the regulars would show up.

If you are one of the exhibitors, now is the time to start your marketing & PR effort.

No comments: